The HP laptop is one of the most common laptops we can find anywhere with anyone. Due to their fast processing speed, Hp laptops are considered the first choice among many users. As with any hardware, the batteries of an HP laptop also can cause some nuisance, but you do not need to panic. Here we will discuss a few troubleshooting techniques to pinpoint the issue with the HP battery precisely.
First, make sure the laptop is receiving power from the power source, a few times issue can be with the charging power source and not the hp-battery itself.
- Make sure the charging switch is adequately tucked in the socket
- Inspect the charging cord to know it is not damaged.
- Try changing the power socket to a different electrical outlet.
If upon inspection, you find that the power source is not the issue, then you may need to inspect the battery and the AC adapter.
- Check the battery for any signs of damage, they might be visible signs like a crack or leakage.
- Further, inspect the adapter for any frayed wires.
- If any of the above is faulty, fix the issue by replacing it with a new one.
Dust and debris can create issues if left longer without cleaning or using.
Clean the battery and laptop by using any clean, soft cloth. You can also use a compressed air can to blow away layers of dust or residues that may be stopping the hp battery to get charging.
If you are more into the laptop’s software, you may know about the HP laptop BIOS.
Sometimes the charging issue can be due to outdated BIOS, which is firmware that controls your laptop’s hardware.
- Visit the HP website to update the BIOS.
- Download the latest version of BIOS as per the laptop model.
- Follow the instructions to complete the update installation process.
You have done all the above-mentioned fixies, but still, the hp-battery is not charging, check your laptop settings.
- Open the control panel and go to power options.
- Find the ‘Battery Charging’ option, and check if it is set to ‘On.’
- Check the status of the battery to know if it displays any errors.
- In case of any error, remove the battery and try reinserting it.
Still, if your HP battery is not charging, try calibrating the battery. Calibrating means charging the battery fully and then discharging it completely, helping to reset the battery’s charging cycle, which can fix the issue sometimes.
Follow these steps:
- Charge the battery to 100%, then disconnect the AC adapter
- Use your laptop to drain all the batteries.
- Reconnect the adapter and charge again to 100%
It will sort out the issues with inaccurate readings on the charging displays, let’s say the battery is 30% charged as shown on display, and it abruptly drops to 6%. Calibrating a battery can help with this concern.
If there is no success in using the above-mentioned hacks, you must seek professional help. It is always advised to contact the official HP customer support team if the hp battery is still under warranty. If not, you can get help from a certified technician to diagnose and fix the issue.