Dining is not just about the food. It is also about the ambiance and the whole experience. Creating a beautiful table setting is one way to elevate your dining experience. And one way to do that is by using charger plates.
Charger plates are not just for looks. They serve a purpose. They protect your tablecloth from spills and stains and keep your food warm. But more than that, they add a touch of luxury and sophistication to your table setting.
Different types of charger plates
Charger plates come in various materials, including glass, metal, plastic, and porcelain. They also come in multiple colors and designs, so you can even find black chargers to complement your dinnerware. When choosing a charger plate, keep in mind that it should be large enough to accommodate your dinner plate, salad plate, and dessert plate.
- Glass charger plates: They are a popular choice because they are elegant and versatile. They can be dressed up or down and matched with any type of tableware. Glass charger plates come in a variety of colors and designs, so you can find the perfect set to match your table setting.
- Silver Charger Plates: Silver charger plates are glamorous and luxurious. They add a touch of elegance to your table setting and are perfect for special occasions.
- Gold Charger Plates: Gold charger plates are opulent and extravagant. They make a statement and are perfect for creating a grand impression.
- Fabric Charger Plates: Fabric charger plates are unique and eye-catching. They come in different colors, patterns, and textures, which can add interest and dimension to your table setting.
- Acrylic Charger Plates: Acrylic charger plates are a great alternative to glass charger plates. They are durable and shatter-resistant, making them perfect for use in outdoor settings.
- Rattan Charger Plates: Rattan charger plates are perfect for a tropical-themed table setting. They add a natural and earthy touch to your décor.
Charger Plate Etiquette
Now that you know a bit about different charger plates, let’s talk about charger plate etiquette. First and foremost, charger plates should never be used for food. They are strictly for decoration. Second, charger plates should be removed after the appetizer course so guests can have more space on the table for their dinner plates. Finally, charger plates should be placed back on the table before dessert is served.
By following these simple etiquette tips, you can ensure that your dinner party is stylish and elegant!
Choosing the right charger plates
- First, consider the material. Glass, metal, plastic, and porcelain are all popular choices. Each has its benefits and drawbacks, so choose the material that best suits your needs.
- Second, consider the design. Charger plates come in multiple colors and designs, so you can find the perfect set to complement your dinnerware.
- Third, choose a dishwasher-safe set if you plan on using your charger plates multiple times. This will save you time and effort.
- Finally, consider the size. Charger plates should be large enough to accommodate your dinner plate, salad plate, and dessert plate.
Using charger plates is a great way to elevate your dining experience. They protect your tablecloth, keep your food warm, and add a touch of luxury to your table setting. There are different charger plates to choose from, so you can find the perfect one to match your style and décor.